Hello from Albania! I have some downtime at a cafe here in Tirana, so wanted to quickly blog about Iceland to share some photos. We had an amazing time in Iceland! The scenery is just beautiful, and we were lucky enough to see the Northern Lights on our last night there. The people are very friendly and are very proud of their Icelandic roots. The food was delicious – I loved all the seafood we had. The weather wasn’t as cold as you’d expect for a country with the word “ice” in its name. It briefly snowed one day, but for the most part, it stayed above freezing.
- Seeing the Northern Lights on our third try (1st time, unsuccessful sighting even though we went on the tour, 2nd night, it was cancelled, 3rd night (and our last night there), we saw it!
- Our meal at Tapas Barinn, including some amazing seafood and other tapas.
- Lobster Soup at Saegrifinn Restaurant by the Old Harbour.
- Our relaxing time in the Blue Lagoon – an outside geothermal pool that was great even though it even snowed for a bit.
- Seeing the amazing partly frozen Gullfoss Waterfall on our Golden Circle Tour.
- Experiencing the eruptions of the very active Sukkor Geyser every few minutes. What an amazing natural phenomenon!
- Strolling around Reykjavik and seeing the National Museum and the history of the country.
- Stops at coffee shops for rest, wifi and coffee!
- The view from atop the Hallgrímskirkja (church) on a clear day.
- Our very comfy accommodation at Albert’s Apartments, a very good location.
Collage of some highlights of Iceland:
Talk to you soon!