Quick guide to Santorini, our first stop island hopping in Greece. Santorini is in the southern Aegean Sea about 120 miles southeast of the Greek mainland. It is the southernmost island in the Cyclades, a Greek island group.
- Very beautiful island!
- We took the ferry from Athens to get to Santorini. Once we arrived, we were picked up from the port, something we arranged with our hotel
- You can take taxi around, but we did rent a car for a day. Highly recommend because that made everything a lot more convenient since the island is fairly small but just large enough that taxi would be pretty expensive to go all over. I think we spent about 45 euros total for the rental for all day
- I recommend staying on the Western coast (Caldera) because that is the side that has views of the caldera and the side with the white buildings
- We stayed in Imerovigli, but the other options are Fira and Oia
- Oia – I thought this town was one of the most beautiful and one of the best places to view the famous Greek sunsets
- Kamara Beach – black sand beach
- Red Sand beach – we just looked at it from above – looked pretty cool
- Archaelogical site – indoors archaelogical site which was a bit strange. I guess it makes sense to keep things cool and better preserved
I’ll update these guides as I think of more things we did!
Enjoy! Happy travels!