I think my time in Brighton has officially come to an end. I thought it did when I left early October, but I got the chance to return to go to my graduation and see many of the friends I met there and the places I frequented. As I walked towards the beach as the sun was setting, I reminisced on the countless days I had spent enjoying everything about the city. It was definitely a beautiful adventure.
I’ll always remember…
- Walking through the lanes to a pub.
- Taking the bus to campus and to class.
- The day-long adventures to the library with the usual coffee breaks.
- The 30 minute trips to Gatwick Airport for my European travel adventures.
- The walks across the street to the clubs.
- The nights we spent in Flat 17 or my flat or elsewhere in Kings Road just playing cards, power hour, or some random party.
- The mornings I woke up to amazing views of the Brighton beach from the 6 windows in my room.
- The coffee breaks from studying in the lanes or on the beach.
- The rare hot days where I tanned out on the rocky beach, and even the day I jumped into the ocean for a few minutes.
- The chats/skypes with friends/family back at home at strange hours of the day/nights.
- The photos of the fun we had…and seeing them all on facebook.
I’ll really miss Brighton and the life I had there. When I walked through the Lanes on a lonely, quiet Sunday night, I think I realized that a chapter in my life had closed. I don’t know when I’ll get the chance to return to Brighton again, but one day. And until then, I’ll have the memories (and the photos), and of course, the friends.
A new chapter in my life begins! Today I’m in London, this evening, I’m in Reykjavik, Iceland!